This measure was written to change the current law in North Dakota on recreational marijuana.
Make no mistake, if this passes the law governing the growing, selling, and using of recreational marijuana will be the most liberal of any state in America.
Read on to find out the facts.
The language of the measure states (if the measure passes) that by creating the new Century Code chapter 66-01, it would “nullify and repeal any North Dakota Code language which conflicts with Chapter 66-01”.
That means EVERYTHING that addresses marijuana under current law – in any way – would be repealed.
The only things specifically noted in the measure that would be illegal are the sale of marijuana to anyone under 21; the distribution of marijuana to anyone under 21, and for anyone under the age of 21 to possess marijuana.
But that’s ALL that is the specifically addressed in the measure. Nothing else is written. So NOTHING else would be illegal if this measure passes.
Sources of Information
(1) Smart Approaches to Marijuana. Learnaboutsam.org
(2) Colorado Office of the State Auditor. (2013). & City of Denver Office of the Auditor. (2013).
(3) Ex-Microsoft exec plans ‘Starbucks’ of marijuana. (2013, May 31). United Press International. Retrieved from http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013/05/31/VIDEO-Ex-Microsoft-exec-plans-Starbucks-of-marijuana/UPI41161369985400/
(4) Mehmedic, Z., et al. (2010). Potency Trends of D9-THC and Other Cannabinoids in Confiscated Cannabis Preparations from 1993 to 2008. The Journal of Forensic Sciences, 55(5).
(5) Retrieved from http://newsroom.questdiagnostics.com/ Published on July 2, 2018
(6)Rocky Mountain High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area , Volume 5 published September, 2018